Centre 404 have joined the government’s Kickstart Scheme
Centre 404 are delighted to announce that we have been granted funding to take part in the government’s Kickstart Scheme.
What is the Kickstart Scheme?
The Kickstart Scheme was announced in July 2020 as a way to create hundreds of thousands of high quality, 6-month job placements for young people.
The scheme grants funding for each job placement created and will cover the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week, plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
Funding also enables additional support for the young people to develop new skills to support their move into full time employment after having completed their placement with a Kickstart-approved organisation.
How have Centre 404 got involved?
We are delighted to be able to offer 30 brand new roles to young people aged between 16-24 years old and who on universal credit. We are also so pleased to have the opportunity to support these young people into long-term, sustainable employment. We have lots of exciting new roles that we will be recruiting for over the next year!
What roles are on offer?
Centre 404’s Kickstart roles include the following:
- Administration Assistant to support with the smooth running of the office by answering the phone, helping to deal with enquiries and taking accurate messages for staff.
- Communications Worker to act as a point of contact within the Housing service for support with the communication needs of the people who use our services.
- Correspondence Worker to support the people who use Centre 404’s services with correspondence clinics which aim to help with the writing of benefits applications, rent payments etc. as well as to work closely with external agencies and Centre 404’s Project Managers and Coordinators.
- Database & Electronic Call Monitoring Assistant to assist with the smooth running of the office by answering phones, dealing with enquiries and keeping internal databases up-to-date.
- Service User Involvement Worker to proactively involve service users in all aspects of Centre 404 including but not limited to promoting choice, independence, group work and social inclusion through forums, group discussions, activities and strategic planning.
- Support Worker Assistant to assist our Support Workers through offering a person-centred approach when working with service users, with the creation and implementation of activities, support plans and generally with the smooth running of the support provided.
- Support Worker Involvement to support the activities co-ordinators deliver through a range of creative and social activities online, throughout both weekdays and weekends.
- Staff Engagement & Communication Worker to assist the Engagement Coordinator with consultations to establish staffs involvement with the organisation, gather feedback, create and develop the engagement strategy and act as a point of contact for equality and diversity initiatives.
- Accessible Communications Assistant to support and respond to the needs of our service users by ensuring that they have access to communications that are inclusive for all.
- Feedback Assistant to review and update systems for feedback from the people who use our services and analyse the information collected, present it and provide reports where necessary to improve the delivery of our services.
- Media & Marketing Assistant to be responsible for the central coordination of social media content for the Learning & Leisure team as well as assisting with the delivery and the promotion of their clubs, activities and services both to internal and external parties.
- Quality Assurance Worker to improve the Learning & Leisure service through the delivery of Centre 404’s quality assurance framework and ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative standards.
- Referral & Implementation Worker to review the current system for accepting new referrals to the service and provide assistance with the creation and develop of a new system and manage the delivery of this strategy.
- Risk Assessor to advise on risk by identifying potential hazards and create plans to prevent and mitigate risks.
- Communications Assistant to support in the development, management and administration of Centre 404’s internal and external branding, marketing and communication materials.
- Digital Transformation Assistant to support with the implementation of our new digital strategy.
- Fundraising Assistant to support the process of making funding applications, relationship building with funders/key organisations and assist with the general management of maintaining filing, monitoring and feedback systems.
- Maintenance Assistant to assist the Premises Manager and provide a safe and efficient environment for staff, the people who use our services and stakeholders within our busy community premises. Please note, this will be a physical role.
- Premises Assistant to assist the Premises Team in their successful day-to-day running of the organisation, offer IT support where needed and ensure the smooth management of our busy community premises.
- Training & Development Assistant to assist the Head of People & Resources in consolidating and expanding a consistent training and development framework across the whole organisation to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work duties to the highest possible standard.
- Volunteer Assistant to assist the Volunteer & Communications Coordinator in the support, management and administration of the Centre 404 team of volunteers across the full scope of the organisation’s services.
- Marketing & Communications Assistant to focus on ensuring effective communication with the parents and carers who use our services and to promote the support that we offer either on a one-to-one basis, within groups and through various activities.
What additional support and development opportunities will be on offer?
These roles have been carefully created to focus on developing both the specialist and transferable skills of the young people taking part in the scheme whilst Centre 404’s HR team have produced a framework for providing additional support for wellbeing, personal goal development, CV writing and interview techniques.
How can I access the roles at Centre 404?
If you would like to get involved or hear more about the roles Centre 404 has to offer, please contact your local job centre today and a Work Coach will be able to provide you with all of the relevant information on how you can apply!