Job Title: Housekeeper
Salary: £10.75 per hour (£6,987.50 per annum)
Hours: Part time, 12.5 hours per week (Role required from Tuesday to Saturday – mornings; 6:30am start weekdays, later start negotiable on Saturdays).
Contract type: Fixed term – 5 months, with potential scope for review.
Responsible to: Premises Manager
We are looking for a new Cleaner/Housekeeper to join the team at Centre 404!
Main duties and responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for coordinating duties alongside other housekeeper(s) and follow the Centre 404 schedule of cleaning activities, in order to ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Wash and clean all kitchen and toilet areas thoroughly and replenish hand towels, toilet rolls, wipes and antibacterial products as required
- Use and empty/load dishwasher to clean any dirty crockery left out in the kitchen
- Clean and/or vacuum all floors and stairs as per schedule
- Clean inside of fridge(s)
- Clean inside of microwave(s)
- Clean Coffee machine as per instructions
- Empty waste bins daily/as required and replace bin bags
- Ensure the separation of the general and recyclable waste
- Dust office desks and meeting room surfaces periodically
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust and wipe all window sills, skirting boards and shelves as required
- Sweep front and back garden and ensure it is kept tidy and presentable
- Keep cleaning storage tidy and maintain an effective system for monitoring stocks, notifying relevant members of the Central Service when stocks are running low
- Light laundry duties (kitchen towels, aprons, cleaning clothes)
- Notify management of any occurring deficiencies and/or needs for repairs
- Use signing in and out book to record daily hours and/or report on arrival and when leaving the premises as applicable – this also serves to adhere to fire safety procedures in the building
- Ensure the security of the building is maintained by setting and un-setting the security alarm system as required and keeping keys to building safe and secure when outside of the premises
- Follow health and safety procedures at all times and inform relevant members of the Central Service of any potential hazards or incidents/accidents that occur
- To follow a schedule of cyclical work to include deep cleaning of kitchen and toilets, as well as spaces – i.e. inside cupboards, oven, tap descaling, etc.
- Cover essential cleaning duties when other cleaning staff are absent
- Take responsibility for liaising effectively with line manager in relation to annual leave requests, in order to ensure effective cover of cleaning duties
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and assessments whilst using hazardous substances, manual handling, working at heights and using electrical devices.
- Any other duties as may be specified in the cleaning schedule
We are Centre 404; a friendly, local and thriving charity with an excellent reputation for providing high quality support and services to people with learning disabilities and their families in North London areas.
Interested? To find out more, please call 0207 607 8762 for an informal chat or e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: Please submit a CV along with a cover statement (either within the email itself or as an attachment) addressing the following: “Tell us more about why you are interested in this role and what you would bring to this post in terms of your knowledge, skills and experience”. Please ensure you refer to the person specification in your statement and explain how you meet the criteria. You can find this document here.
We would also appreciate if you could take the time to complete an applicant diversity survey.
Centre 404 is dedicated to staff development and supervision and we will provide a detailed induction and on-going training and support. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and we are looking to recruit people who share these values. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and two satisfactory references.
We are dedicated to providing a meaningful and rewarding work environment, as well as offering a range of perks and benefits for our staff to enjoy; a list of what we have to offer is included here:
Centre 404 is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity ref number 299889