Trustees x 3
Type of role: Voluntary, with reasonable expenses paid
Location: 404 Camden Road, Islington, London N7 OSJ
Time Commitment: Preparation and attendance of 5 Committee Meetings, usually from 6-8pm and other activities e.g. visits to our services and residential properties (eight half days per year).*
*Please see page 4 of the background information pack for more details.
Centre 404 is a prominent and successful charity with an excellent reputation for providing high quality support and services to people with learning disabilities and their families. Based in North London, we currently work across 6 London boroughs.
This is an exciting time to join the Board of Trustees as we start to shape our new five year plan, in order to increase our reach and deliver even greater impact to the people we support – all of which you will have a key role in developing and influencing!
We are now seeking up to 3 Trustees to join our Board in the coming months. Following a review of Trustees’ skills, we are particularly keen to hear from individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Development/operation of regional/national organisations
- Lived experience of learning disability
- Resident and active in the communities in which we provide services
There is also the potential to develop your skills to take on a leading role within our Trustee Board.
Full details of the role are outlined in the background information pack.
Want to know more? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com or on 0207 607 8762 for an informal discussion about the opportunity.
To make an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- A covering letter (either within the email itself or as an attachment) addressing the following: “Tell us more about why you are interested in becoming a Centre 404 Trustee and what you would bring to this post in terms of your knowledge, skills and experience”. Please see ‘Who we are looking for?’ on page 3 and 4 and Appendix 1 of the background information pack. Write no more than two sides of A4.
- Your current CV (no more than three sides) or equivalent biographical information
- We would also appreciate if you could take the time to complete an applicant diversity survey.
Closing date: 29th November 2021
Interviews held on: Week Commencing 6th December 2021 and 13th December 2021
Please also confirm that you would not be subject to any conflict of interest. Do also tell us about any dates provided in this pack on which you would not be available to participate in the selection process. Please see below for a guide to the recruitment timeline for this role. If it is subject to any changes, we will update candidates accordingly.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and we will email you by 3rd December to let you know if you have been shortlisted for interview. Interviews will be held on Week Commencing 6th December 2021 and 13th December 2021. Successful applicants will then be invited to attend a Board of Trustees Meeting early in the New Year.
Centre 404 is committed to the development and supervision of its people and will provide a detailed induction and ongoing training and support. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children at risk and we are looking to recruit people who share these values. All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Centre 404 has a diverse workforce and is committed to developing and maintaining a Board of Trustees that is representative and reflective of London communities. Centre 404 particularly welcome applications from the BAME community and disabled applicants.