This role has been designed to offer opportunities to gain some experience of what is involved in working in a busy office and reception area.
Volunteers will provide assistance to the Centre 404 Receptionist and can also help out with some daily admin tasks within the Central Team.
Role: Reception/Admin support (Supported Role)
Supported By: Receptionist, Premises Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Centre 404, 404 Camden Road, London N7 0SJ
|Length of commitment:||3-6 months|
|Frequency:||Once a week|
|Estimated hours:||4 hours a week|
- Meet and greet visitors, help them to sign in
- Answer the phone, transfer calls and take messages
- Check leaflets and posters are up to date and tidy
- Opportunity to work with other projects and services in the organisation
- Assist with research and fundraising tasks
- Help with other things – like scanning and mail-outs
Personal attributes and experience needed:
- Able to handle confidential information
- Calm, Patient and Polite
- Able to follow instructions
- Induction to Centre 404 reception and the work of Centre 404
- Training on how to use some office equipment (shredders or photocopiers)
- Introduction to staff in the building
- Ongoing supervision during the placement
As a Centre 404 volunteer you will receive:
- An induction to the role and Volunteer Handbook full of useful information.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket travel expenses relating to your volunteer placement (up to £5 per session)
- Ongoing support and supervision with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Any identified training required to enable you to perform the volunteer role to the best of your ability, which will be arranged by and paid for by Centre 404
- After 3 months as a Centre 404 volunteer, we will provide a reference if required for paid work or for other purposes
- Protection through Centre 404’s employee liability insurance policy whilst on the premises or engaged in any work on behalf of Centre 404
- Opportunities to meet other Centre 404 volunteers to share experiences
- Invitation to the Centre 404 Annual General Meeting Summer Garden Party
- Centre 404’s bi-annual newsletter
All volunteer placements at Centre 404 are subject to references and some require a DBS check. The recruitment of all volunteer placements adheres to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy.