Haringey Opportunities Project (HOP)
PBS Day Opportunities and Activities
- Responsive – 7 day service
- The ethos and principles of “Nothing About Me Without Me” along with individuals themselves being at the heart of decision making ensures our person centred approach
- Individuals are able to choose their own keyworker
- Staff will be matched to service user’s interests/hobbies/preferences as best as possible
- Service users are supported to be involved in interviewing of new staff
- Support is flexible to meet the needs of the individual and focuses on areas such as independent living skills, meaningful activities, educational activities, volunteering, access to college education and travel training
Outcomes Focused, Strengths Based Approach
Staff are trained to identify individual’s own strengths and support development of them.Outcomes are person centred and based on regular feedback collated from individuals and their wider support network.
Outcomes are established into individual goals with smaller sub-goals working towards achieving the main outcome.
The goals are set-up on our database and progress is tracked through each session log and proposed dates for achievement.
Our Senior Management Team reviews all quality assurance audits and incident report analysis’ on a monthly basis to identify patterns and minimise future incidents.
Support is focused on the person
Planning and support is person-centred. We take person`s needs and wishes into consideration to make sure our offer is meaningful and personalised. The person is treated as an individual and we understand that behaviours which may challenge us are a way of communicating a need.
The person and family are fully involved in making decisions about what happens in their life (in line with the Mental Capacity Act). We work in partnership with individual`s circle of support to ensure our offer is holistic and that we all work together to achieve amazing outcomes. Services are provided within the community and not just centre based to ensure the same opportunities are accessible to all!
First Aid, M&H, Medication, Epilepsy, Fire Safety, Equality & Diversity, Communication, Learning Disabilities, Autism, Food Hygiene, MCA, Data Protection, Safeguarding, PBS and Active Support, Learn With us, Understanding Mental health and supporting victims of abuse or trauma. Our staff training can also be bespoke dependent on the needs of the individual; for example they may include specialist training such as bereavement, sensory, specialist communication training etc.
From our latest Survey
“I don’t know what I would do without Centre 404. The staff are kind and helpful and would go out of their way to help.” — Service user’s sister
For more information get in touch at020 7607 8762 or firstname.lastname@example.org