Our Collection of Festive Stories 2020
The festive season may not look how we may have hoped it would this year, but that has not stopped us here at Centre 404 from spreading some festive cheer in new and different ways as we continue to adapt to the restrictions of the coronavirus.
We hope these stories and photos also bring some festive cheer to all those who are reading :o)
- Some Festive Staff Engagement Initiatives! Our wonderful Talent Acquisition and Engagement Coordinator Eilish, spread plenty of festive joy week commencing 14th December! She organised and delivered festive packages to all our Housing Projects for frontline staff, organised our virtual staff party on Friday and also sported a Christmas Jumper in support of Save the Children’s #ChristmasJumperDay What a festive superstar!
- Festive Fun at our Children and Young People Clubs! We had our Youth Group members, staff and volunteers create their own amazing entry for the annual festive door decorating competition (more about that below!) and also a festive visit from Santa and his Elf to our Siblings group!
- Costa Book Donations, Jokabokaflod and Porch Party! We received a huge donation of books and coffee from Costa that was handed out to projects by our Chair Jean (Jolly Jean as pictured below!) The families team were also going to run a Jokabokaflod (an Icelandic tradition meaning book flood) where they were going to dress up and handout the donations as part of a Porch Party at Centre 404. This had to be cancelled due to Tier 4 but will be replanned for sometime in the New Year :o)
- Our Annual Festive Door Decorating Competition! Over the last couple of weeks both Centre 404’s staff and service users have been putting together their entries for our annual festive door decorating competition. Whilst we haven’t been able to celebrate all together this year, the door decorating has been a great way for us all to interact in a safe environment and show off our creative sides! Our much-loved building and our housing projects all look so festive and it’s been great to see what everyone has been putting together. Congratulations to our winners (Housing Project TW and Eszter, Sille and Josie from the Central Team!) and a huge thank you to everyone who got involved!
- Families Festive Coffee Morning in the Park! On Monday 14th Dec we met in a group of 6 with family carers in Regents Park as part of our Coffee Morning. It was our two years celebration as we held the first Coffee Morning in December 2018 and since then it was always well attended and full of good energy and meaningful conversations. We had lots of fun, had tea in the open air and some families even danced to Salsa rhythm! All carers received a gift and shared their Christmas stories. One carer said; ”thank you for bringing us together, we all need it now more than ever and it means a lot to see each other and talk. It is always well organised and I feel more positive now. And thank you for the gifts, it was nice surprise and cheered me up.” Please keep the donations coming so we can held more events for carers in the future. Please help us bridge the gaps between service provision and the needs of people we support by sharing our campaign or by donating.
- Housing Festive Videos from the Virtual Party on Tuesday 22nd December!
And more stories yet to come as well! Watch this space for:
- Volunteer Anja dressing up as Santa to hand out presents to the children at our Fun Friday club.
- Volunteer Louisa dressing up as Santa for the tenants at a Supported Living Project on Friday as they were going to be sad to miss their annual tradition of going to Santa’s grotto.
Merry Festive Season and a Happy New Year All! :o)