|Supported by||Fundraising Officer and Volunteers Coordinator|
|Location||Centre 404 main offices, Islington N7|
|Experience level||Entry level|
Purpose of this role:
To support the Fundraising Officer with organising virtual and in-person events, assist with supporter campaigns and digital challenges and making connections with local businesses.
- Assisting with preparations for events including promotion and set-up of the event
- Assisting with increasing Centre 404’s network of supporters and donor stewardship, including regular correspondence and thanking and banking; utilising fundraising CRM system
- Identifying and communicating with companies who share Centre 404’s commitment to supporting people with learning disabilities and their families and/or whose employees do a programme of activity to support a cause
Skills you will need:
- Friendly, approachable and resilient to setbacks
- Great communicator
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good IT and computer skills
- Ability to adhere to Centre 404’s mission statement and values, and use a person-centred based approach when working with others
Skills and knowledge you will gain:
- Transferable skills that will look good on your CV
- Vital fundraising knowledge
- Ability to foster positive working relationships in diverse organisations
- Experiencing what working in the charity sector is really like
- Meeting new people and making connections in the charity sector
We offer our volunteers:
- the chance to meet new people, make friends and have fun
- the opportunity to make good use of your skills and have a go at new activities
- a worthwhile way to give your time in a flexible way that suits your lifestyle
Training and support:
- Induction to the work of Centre 404 and relevant fundraising skills
- Ongoing supervision during the placement
This role requires that strict confidentiality be maintained with respect to all information obtained by volunteers in the course of their duties, as it relates to staff, volunteers, and service users. Volunteers are to adhere to the signed ‘Confidentiality Agreement’ completed upon induction.
If confidentially is breached it will be taken seriously by Centre 404, and may result in release from voluntary service.
The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy. All volunteers are required to complete a DBS check as our building acts as a centre for children.