For people with learning disabilities to take part in our garden project and vegetable growing project. We are currently running a mobile garden project where we tend to elderly people’s gardens in the community with the aim to tackle social isolation. Thursdays, 2 – 4pm.
Role: Gardening Volunteer
Place: Centre 404, 404 Camden Road, London N7 0SJ
When: Thursdays 2 – 4pm
Supported by: Volunteer Coordinator/ Volunteer Gardeners
We are looking for some volunteers to help out in our garden at Centre 404.
We need help with:
- growing vegetable and herbs
- watering the garden
- mowing the lawn
- planting flowers
- cutting the hedges
- making window boxes
- keeping the garden and the shed neat and tidy
- clearing up the tools and tea cups at the end
You don’t need any gardening experience as our volunteers can show you how to do things in the garden.
We would like our volunteers to:
- be safe at the gardening sessions by helping pick up tools and pack them away
- be friendly and helpful to other volunteers
- tell the Volunteer Coordinator of any problems that may come up
- help clear up at the end
As a Centre 404 volunteer you will receive:
- An induction to the role
- Reimbursement of out of pocket travel expenses relating to your volunteer placement (up to £5 per session)
- Ongoing support and supervision with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Any identified training required to enable you to perform the volunteer role to the best of your ability, which will be arranged by and paid for by Centre 404
- After 3 months as a Centre 404 volunteer, we will provide a reference if required for paid work or for other purposes
- Protection through Centre 404’s employee liability insurance policy whilst on the premises or engaged in any work on behalf of Centre 404
- Opportunities to meet other Centre 404 volunteers to share experiences
- Invitation to the Centre 404 Annual General Meeting Summer Garden Party
- Centre 404’s bi-annual newsletter
This volunteer placement is subject to references and a DBS check. The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy.