We are currently looking for swimming volunteers for different days to support our service users
Role: Swimming Volunteer
Supported by: Learning and Leisure Manager/ Team Leader & Volunteer Coordinator
Location: Centre 404, Finsbury Leisure Centre and other sites in and around Islington
|Length of commitment:||6 months|
|Frequency:||Once a week|
|Estimated total hours:||Usually a couple of hours a week|
Purpose of the swimming volunteer role:
We are currently looking for swimming volunteers for different days to support our service users with this activity:
Saturday Swimming Volunteer: We are currently looking for a volunteer who would be available on Saturday mornings between 10a.m -1p.m to help support a child to go swimming at Archway Pool.
You do not need to go in the pool with him as he will have a support worker but we are looking for someone who will be able to offer support and who can be with him in the changing room and wait with him whilst the support worker gets changed.
Sunday Swimming Volunteer: We are looking for a female volunteer who would be available on Sunday afternoons between 12p.m -2.30p.m to help support our staff to go swimming with a wheelchair user at Swiss Cottage pool.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is reliable and can travel to and from the swimming pool.
Previous experience of or knowledge of working with a vulnerable client group would be helpful but is not essential as training and an induction is provided.
As a Centre 404 volunteer you will receive:
- An induction to the role
- Reimbursement of out of pocket travel expenses relating to your volunteer placement (up to £5 per session)
- Ongoing support and supervision with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Any identified training required to enable you to perform the volunteer role to the best of your ability, which will be arranged by and paid for by Centre 404
- After 3 months as a Centre 404 volunteer, we will provide a reference if required for paid work or for other purposes
- Protection through Centre 404’s employee liability insurance policy whilst on the premises or engaged in any work on behalf of Centre 404
- Opportunities to meet other Centre 404 volunteers to share experiences
- Invitation to the Centre 404 Annual General Meeting Summer Garden Party
- Centre 404’s bi-annual newsletter
This volunteer placement is subject to references and a DBS check. The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy.