Pride Month 2021!
To celebrate Pride Month 2021 Centre 404 has lots of different events and activities going on for staff, service users and volunteers. Contact JaydeC@Centre404.org.uk or JessicaM@Centre404.org.uk for more info or to get involved! :o)
- Pride fancy dress competition. Send us pictures dressed in colourful clothing and/or face paints holding up meaningful words like, Valued, Proud, Worthy. Winners announced at the end of Pride Month closing celebration in the 404 garden on 30th June.
- Rainbow BINGO on 14th June in the hall 7-8:30pm
- Shared Pride bunting making and decorating, with service users and staff decorating individual flags to create a beautiful patchwork rainbow bunting, and decorate our Centre 404 building and the Independent Living Homes.
- Pride Friday Night Social on 18th June on Zoom!
- Staff workshop on Respecting the Boundaries and Priorities of Transgender People from one of our Senior Support Workers Hannah.
- Thursday 10th June coffee morning 11-12:30 on ‘What is PRIDE’ for our service users
- Wednesday 30th 12-2:30pm PRIDE Month closing celebration: Open Day in the Centre 404 Garden
We have also applied for 70 spots in the London Pride Parade on 11th September, which we are so excited to get involved with! Watch this space for news of how to get involved! 😊
Our wonderful Talent Acquisition and Engagement Coordinator, Eilish, has also created this wonderful ‘Guide to Pride’, which aims to highlight the history of Pride, the importance and meaning behind the celebrations as well as share some helpful resources and webinars which we can all access. The guide concludes by highlighting the key events at Centre 404 throughout Pride as above and who to get in touch with if you’d like to get involved.
Click here for the ‘Guide to Pride‘ or on the image below.