Find out more
Centre 404 is pleased to announce that from the 1st November 2021 we will be running the Enfield SENDIAS Service. We are all working hard to ensure that the transition of this service is as smooth as possible. Although the services provided by the Enfield SENDIASS are unchanged, and some of the staff you may have worked with before (Mary and MG) will still be here to support you, please be aware that the contact details you need to use have changed – see below for more information.
The Enfield Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIAS Service) is open to any Enfield resident aged 0 – 25 with special educational needs, their parents and carers and professionals who support these families. This service is impartial, confidential and free to use.
This includes a phone line open 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, and evening appointments available for families unable to access the service during business hours.
One-to-one and group support is available face to face, over the phone, email, and online on matters relating to special education needs and disabilities such as:
- Statutory duties, eligibility and referrals to local service provision.
- Rights of parents, children and young people.
- Support with applications, form filling and drafting letters.
- Complex documentation including needs assessment, reviews and Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
- Arranging and attending meetings in schools or with local authority professionals.
- Support with disagreement resolutions – including support with complaints, referral to mediation services and support with appeals.
- Advice relating to school and college placements and exclusions.
- Information on complaint procedures and mediation.
- Independent advocacy around decision making; discrimination; rights and entitlements.
We will also be offering workshops and information sessions to parents and carers, drop-in sessions for parents and carers in community centres across the borough, and focus groups for young adults to ensure that they are consulted with and included in design of service provision.