Samuel Rhodes School is a specialist School for children aged 5-19 in Islington. Samuel Rhodes School is one of the special schools in Islington, each of which provide support for children with particular special educational needs (SEN). All of our special schools have a very important role in providing support and training to mainstream schools in Islington. Samuel Rhodes School leads one of the service areas in the Borough, for children with difficulties in learning and cognition. It has an outreach team which advises mainstream schools and supports the pupils with learning difficulties.
Therapy (private/charity) for Primary aged children:
• A list of qualified Art Therapists
• A list of Play therapists
• UKCP for a list of therapists able to work with children, including Family, Integrative Arts and Child Psychotherapists
• Organisation based in Golders Green that have therapies for children with Autism available on a means-tested basis
• Organisation in Islington/Camden for Art Therapy
Workshops at Centre 404 for Parents and Carers
• Stress Project http://www.stressproject.org.uk/
• The Peel Institute https://www.peelinstitute.org.uk/
• Perception Counselling Services
Sources of help and support for families whose children have problems with listening, talking and understanding others.
The Islington Challenging Behaviour Resource is designed to support a positive approach to behaviour management for people with severe and profound learning disabilities and/or Autism. It is a multi-agency resource designed to be interactive and to help parents, carers and professionals develop behaviour plans that make a difference to the people we are supporting.
the Bridge is a special needs school in Islington. They have a well-established Outreach team of specialists in Autism, SLD and PMLD. They have also started their new Satellite Provision which is a free school based on four sites in Islington which provides for pupils who find it difficult to manage in a mainstream environment but who do not need a special school placement.
Here you can find information about autism spectrum disorder:
- Relaxed performances
- Support for parents
- Online resources
- Islington Autism Board and Cygnet course
- Healthwatch autism report
Identify stress and its impact on family life, look at the causes of stress, and provide tips on how to cope plus sources of advice and support.
Looking at a wide variety of sample Social Stories, work shopping stories that parents have already begun working on and creating new social stories using the simple framework.
Wizzie Wizzie is a London based Saturday morning computer coding club for 8-14 year olds who want to learn how to make their own games and other cool stuff using computer code