Samuel Rhodes School is a specialist School for children aged 5-19 in Islington. Samuel Rhodes School is one of the special schools in Islington, each of which provide support for children with particular special educational needs (SEN). All of our special schools have a very important role in providing support and training to mainstream schools in Islington. Samuel Rhodes School leads one of the service areas in the Borough, for children with difficulties in learning and cognition. It has an outreach team which advises mainstream schools and supports the pupils with learning difficulties.
Supporting disabled people to find opportunities to get active. Being active is good for everyone's health and well-being. There are many ways for people to enjoy an active lifestyle. Providing recourses on how to be active and showing accredited gyms and sports facilities suitable for people with disabilities.
Therapy (private/charity) for Primary aged children:
• A list of qualified Art Therapists
• A list of Play therapists
• UKCP for a list of therapists able to work with children, including Family, Integrative Arts and Child Psychotherapists
• Organisation based in Golders Green that have therapies for children with Autism available on a means-tested basis
• Organisation in Islington/Camden for Art Therapy
Workshops at Centre 404 for Parents and Carers
• Stress Project http://www.stressproject.org.uk/
• The Peel Institute https://www.peelinstitute.org.uk/
• Perception Counselling Services
Support in school for children with visual impairments
Transport For London's accessibility schemes:
- Please offer me a seat
- Learn to use public transport
- Pregnant women and buggy users
Sensory processing disorder (SPD; also known as sensory integration dysfunction) is a condition that exists when multisensory integration is not adequately processed in order to provide appropriate responses to the demands of the environment.
Information about the Education Health and Care Plans, the different sections of an EHCP, timeframes and outcomes.
We have put together a guide of benefits in the UK including: Carers Allowance, ESA, DLA, PIP, National Insurance Credits, JSA, Working Tax Credits, Support For Mortgage Interest, Universal Credit, Housing Benefit and Benefit Cap.