Therapy (private/charity) for Primary aged children:
• A list of qualified Art Therapists
• A list of Play therapists
• UKCP for a list of therapists able to work with children, including Family, Integrative Arts and Child Psychotherapists
• Organisation based in Golders Green that have therapies for children with Autism available on a means-tested basis
• Organisation in Islington/Camden for Art Therapy
Workshops at Centre 404 for Parents and Carers
• Stress Project http://www.stressproject.org.uk/
• The Peel Institute https://www.peelinstitute.org.uk/
• Perception Counselling Services
Makaton is a language programe using signs and symbols to help people communicate. It is designed to support spoken language and the signs and symbols are used with speech in spoken word order.
Learning disability and autism hate crime is any offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice based on a person’s learning disability, autism or perceived disability and autism. This definition is intended to encompass crime where an individual is taken advantage of physically or financially due to their learning disability or autism, such as ‘mate crime.’
Understanding disability discrimination under the Equality Act 2010.
- Special Educational Needs support in schools
- Needs Assessments
- Support Plans
- Support in mainstream schools
- Barriers to inclusion
- Early years
- Services that help with education advice
- Complaint procedure
- School admissions and exclusions
Tips on how to manage your child’s sleep and information about additional sources of help, advice and support.
Why you need to make a Will, things to consider when planning for the future of the person you care for with a learning disability, and what Trusts are and how they work.
The Mental Capacity Act protects and empowers individuals who may lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions about their care and treatment. It is a law that applies to individuals aged 16 and over.
The concept of puberty, social development and sexualised behaviour for people with special needs.
Welfare Benefits (DLA, PIP and Universal Credit) under a local and national perspective.
Power point on DWP relevant up to June 2020.
Information about the Education Health and Care Plans, the different sections of an EHCP, timeframes and outcomes.